Sultan Haitham bin Tariq has made a number of Ministerial and other important changes of personnel in Oman. (He also made changes in 2020)
Oman’s oil minister Mohammed Bin Hamad Al Rumhi
has left his Ministry, after leading the country’s energy sector for 25 years. He is replaced by Salem Al Aufi.
Dr Ahmed Mohammed Al Saidi, who was Minister of Health has been replaced by Dr Hilal Al Sabti .
And also Mohammed bin Said Al Maamari is the new Minister of Religious Endowments and Religious affairs,
replacing Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Salmi.
In a first Pankaj Khimji is made Foreign Trade and International Cooperation adviser at the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Investment Promotion.
Oman’s Cabinet is now
- HH Sayyid Fahd bin Mahmoud Al Said, Deputy Prime Minister for the Council of Ministers
- HH Sayyid Shihab bin Tarik bin Taimour Al Said, Deputy Prime Minister for Defence Affairs
- HH Sayyid Theyazin bin Haitham bin Tarik Al Said, Minister of Culture, Sports and Youth
- Sayyid Khalid bin Hilal bin Saud Al Busaidi, Minister of the Diwan of Royal Court
- General Sultan bin Mohammed Al Nu’amani, Minister of the Royal Office
- Sayyid Hamoud bin Faisal bin Said Al Busaidi, Minister of Interior
- Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamoud Al Busaidi, Foreign Minister
- Sultan bin Salim bin Said Al Habsi, Minister of Finance
- Madiha bint Ahmed bin Nasser AlShaibani, Minister of Education
- Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Said Al Sa’eedi, Minister of Justice and Legal Affairs
- Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Harrasi, Minister of Information
- Salim bin Mohammed bin Said Al Mahrouqi, Minister of Heritage and Tourism
- Saud bin Hamoud bin Ahmed Al Habsi, Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Water Resources
- Khalfan bin Said bin Mubarak Al Shu’aili, Minister of Housing and Urban Planning
- Rahma bint Ibrahim bin Said Al Mahrouqi, Minister of Higher Education, Research and Innovation
- Said bin Hamoud bin Said Al Ma’awali, Minister of Transport, Communications and Information Technology
- Said bin Mohammed bin Ahmed Al Saqri, Minister of Economy
- Qais bin Mohammed bin Moosa Al Yousef, Minister of Commerce, Industry and Investment Promotion
- Laila bint Ahmed bin Awadh Al Najar, Minister of Social Development
- Mahad bin Said bin Ali BaOwain, Minister of Labour
- Salim bin Nasser bin Said Al Aufi, Minister of Energy and Minerals
- Mohammed bin Said bin Khalfan Al Ma’amari, Minister of Endowments and Religious Affairs
- Hilal bin Ali bin Hilal Al Sabti, Minister of Health
Additionally, there are appointments in the Judiciary and administrative changes in the Ministry of the Interior and various administrative regions in Oman.
New Governors have been appointed in Muscat (Sayyid Saud bin Hilal bin Hamad Al Busaidi ), Dhofar (HH Sayyid Marwan bin Turki bin Mahmoud Al Said), Musandam (Sayyid Ibrahim bin Said bin Ibrahim Al Busaidi), South Al Batinah (Sheikh Saif bin Hamyar bin Mohammed Al Malik Al Shehi) & North Al Batinah (Mohammed bin Sulaiman bin Hamoud Al Kindi).